If you need help using Elite Keylogger for Mac, take the following steps:
1. Review the following knowledgebase articles:
- How to Download and Install Elite Keylogger for Mac
- How to View and Email Log Reports
- How to Adjust the Log Report Settings
2. Search the Knowledgebase: Go to http://help.widestep.com/ and type keywords pertaining to your question in the Search box in the upper-right corner of the page. Any article that pertains to Macs will have [Mac] in the title.
3. Make sure you have the latest version of Elite Keylogger by checking the News section of our Knowledgebase. You can check your version of Elite Keylogger by going into the app and clicking on the exclamation point on the top bar of the keylogger window. You will see a line that says something like “Elite Keylogger • 1.2.025”. That is your version number. Update your version if needed and see if that fixes your problem.
4. Be sure to know if there is anti-virus or anti-spyware software installed on the computer and learn how to completely disable it before attempting to install or access Elite Keylogger.
5. If none of the above solve your problem, send a very detailed email to Widestep Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- The exact Mac operating system version of the Mac you are trying to install Elite Keylogger on. This can be found by going to Apple > About This Mac.
- The exact version and build of Elite Keylogger you are using (see #3 above to find your version). Remember, if you are using an old version of Elite Keylogger, upgrade first. We do not provide support for old releases.
- Go to the Elite Keylogger Settings, click the Events Log button, save the log as a text file and attach it to your email. If you forget to do so, it’s highly probable that we will request it from you anyway.
- The names of any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs installed on the computer and what you did to disable them.
- Explain what you did: step-by-step!
- Explain what happened.
- Explain what you expected to happen.